A message from Monty Harper, the genius behind Anole in Love:
We are down to our last day and a half.
We are 44% funded. We need $5,600 more in pledges to make this CD happen.
That sounds like a lot. But consider…
Kickstarter says the average pledge amount is $70. If each of us – there are 80 backers right now! – if each of us was to bring in just one additional backer today, that could mean $5,600 in additional pledges, which is exactly what we need!
Even if Kickstarter’s average is a bit high for this project, 80 additional backers today would put us within sight of the goal, and would make tomorrow a very exciting day!
So your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to bring in at least one additional backer today.
What tools have you with which to accomplish this Herculean task, you ask?
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, email lists – these are great, but…
A personal email, a text, a phone call, a (gasp) face-to-face conversation! – these are very effective for engaging one person. Who do you know that would really appreciate great kid-friendly science music? A parent, an educator, a librarian, a scientist?
Here are some general talking points –
- Any pledge of $5 or more gets you an immediate download of 12 science songs
- The new songs are all written and waiting to be recorded
- These songs are inspired by conversations with scientists – they are unique in their focus on the scientific process
- The funding is necessary for hiring musicians and studio time, paying for design and duplication
- Public libraries are using science as a theme this summer – here is a chance to get some really good material into the hands of people motivated to use it with kids
- If we don’t reach the funding goal, the CD will be put on hold, and who knows when or if it will ever get made?
Match a song to the person – who do you know that would be excited about one of these song topics?
- “Vaccination!” – a pro-vaccination anthem!
- “Anole in Love” and “My One and Only Vole” – science themed love songs!
- “Left Brain” and “This Is Your Brain on Music” – brain science!
- “Quarks and Electrons” – particle physics, the nature of the universe!
- “Citizen Scientist” – citizen science is huge right now!
- “Photosynthesis,” “Green Footprint,” and “Rustbusters” – alternative energy!
- “Psychology” and “Popular” – psychology!
- “What Goes On?” – ecology!
- “Predators, Prey, and the Games They Play” – evolution!
- “Fizz Boom Read” – a theme song for 2014 summer reading!
Most of these songs are up on YouTube now:
One other tool I can give you is – images to share on social media. You can look for these on my facebook feed, or download and post them yourself:
Just click to get the full-sized image.